Some thoughts 'bout Canterbury

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Tue Aug 28 15:40:11 EDT 2001

Hello Folks

Received my copy of the CANTERBURY 18.8.2001 show.
Thanks Colin. You have done a great job!!!

Well, WHAT A PHANTASTIC GIG!!!

For me it is the BEST HAWKWIND gig since 1989.
Every song they performed in Canterbury sounds different
to their performances in the last couple of years.

What we have now is again a change in HAWKWINDs music style.
A POSITIVE change

The reason is the current lineup which is strange and amazing at the same
time.

Huw and Simon did a perfect job together. And Captain Black fits to this
melodic part of HAWKWIND very well. I really enjoy his Synthie playing.

Dave, Richard and Alan played great as ever.

The result of this line-up are songs like SPIRIT OF THE AGE, LEVITATION,
GOLDEN VOID, which I will never forget.

The whole set was VERY SPECIAL. Listen to this gig carefully and compare it
to the gigs of the last 10 years. You will notice a big change.

Of course I love all their style changes (except 1983 which was awfull)
through the years and the different lineups but I think what we have now is
the birth of a new and phantastic one...

Any other thoughts ??

Bernhard