OFF: God Speed You Black Emperor

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Wed Aug 29 17:39:17 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Gilham <email at ANDYGILHAM.COM>

> How long have I been banging on about them?  Since 1998? ;)

yeah, yeah.  I've been re-reading the boc-l archives!   I just hadn't
found, nor in honesty did I expect to find, any of their albums.
However I remembered your comments, which is why I bought a vinyl album
in Kent which meant I had to take and keep it safe on 3 long train
journeys and 2 London tube excursions over a distance of some 800 miles
or so!    However it survived in one piece, I'm converted now and have
been hunting around for web pages with info.    Interestingly BBC
on-line has quite a good write-up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/profiles/print/gsybemperor.shtml

Actually it seems to me that they are the style of band Porcupine Tree
have been trying to metamorphose into (and mostly failed) and if Steve
Wilson hasn't listened to them yet he should!
jill