OFF: God Speed You Black Emperor

Andy Gilham email at ANDYGILHAM.COM
Wed Aug 29 18:56:21 EDT 2001

> yeah, yeah.  I've been re-reading the boc-l archives!   I just hadn't
> found, nor in honesty did I expect to find, any of their albums.

Since I've been banging on about them they've become pretty well-known, and
the CDs are easy to find.  I can't take credit, I just spotted them early.
:)

> However I remembered your comments, which is why I bought a vinyl album
> in Kent which meant I had to take and keep it safe on 3 long train
> journeys and 2 London tube excursions over a distance of some 800 miles
> or so!    However it survived in one piece, I'm converted now and have
> been hunting around for web pages with info.    Interestingly BBC
> on-line has quite a good write-up.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/profiles/print/gsybemperor.shtml

That is pretty cool.  The "car's on fire" sample, incidentally, is by Lee
Marvin.  How cool is that!

I do have F#A#oo and SLOW RIOT FOR NEW ZERO KANADA on vinyl - my F#A#oo came
with the penny that had been flattened on a railroad.

How cool is that!

;)

-- Andy

ObCD: The Go-Go's - GOD BLESS THE GO-GO'S

www.andygilham.com