boc-l decennary Re: First post (well, not really, been here before...)

Stephen Swann swann at CUGC.ORG
Wed Aug 29 19:43:30 EDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:21:21PM +0300, Niko Makila wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, bart wrote:
>
> > I guess its some subconscious urge to congregate, maybe in celebration (?) of
> > the list's first decade...
> > It must be 10 years by now ... Steve ?

Well, not to argue with Pops Shipley's assertion that he
joined in in 1989, but here's a bit from the "history of
BOC-L" post archive I put together a couple years back...

   This archive represents a little piece of BOC-L history -
   and of course, BOC-L's pre-history, as the "Blue Oyster Cult
   Discussion List" and then as the "Imaginitive Rock
   Discussion List".  What can I say, sometimes this list has
   been as schizophrenic as the bands that we love.  :-)

   The Blue Oyster Cult Discussion List was formed on September
   22, 1990, when I posted a message to alt.rock-n-roll and
   alt.rock-n-roll.metal, asking if anyone would be interested
   in joining a private discussion list devoted to the
   imaginitive rock music of Blue Oyster Cult.  I started
   getting responses within the hour.

The funny thing is that a large portion of the people who
answered the call within the first few days are here still
11 years later (or in some cases, recently returned).  ;-)

> I'd put my bet on 11 years.  Hmm... there was no celebration.  How
> about making a ``20 years of BOC-L'' T-Shirt?  If we start now, it
> could be ready in time.
>
> Anyway, welcome back Guido and Craig!

Yeah, I've been kind of in and out lately because the new
job has been hectic, but it's *so* cool seeing faces from
the "early days".  Heck, I was even talking to Chris Vacano
recently.

Great to see you all again!

-your former Humble Moderator ;-)
Steve