OFF: Bevis Frond help!

Sun Dec 2 07:23:00 EST 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 06:35:05PM -0400, K Henderson typed out:
> JJ recalls from the distant past...  :)
>
> >> Yep.  I like "Sprawl" the best, though haven't heard them all.  The Live
> >> album Doug mentions would be my second recommendation.  The early albums,
> >> like "Inner Marshland" and "Triptych" are pretty muddily recorded, so
> >> consider that if it's important to you.
> >
> >        I should say of course that of the few Frond albums I have
> >_Triptych_ is undeniably my favourite because of `Tangerine Infringement
> >Beak' and `Hey Joe'... :-)
>
> I was mistaken when I mentioned "Triptych"...the one I was actually thinking
> of was "Miasma."  I don't actually own "Triptych" so I can't comment on it.

        Ah, well, there I agree with you, _Miasma_ is really quite muddy
thoigh the new remaster CD may help with this. Two or tree great songs on
there but not an essential Frond release before the albums that were
mentioned, all that time ago :-)

> >        I'd also be interested in opinions of the Fred Bison V stuff.
>
> I think Doug posted about it after I had asked, so perhaps you'll come
> across that message next month some time.  :)

        I came across it at the time but though it said what it was it
didn't really say whether it was any good or not... Also, though I place
great faith in Doug's opinions I also still have a copy of his trade tape
ere which suggests that his and my tastes do not *completely* coincide so
I was hoping, as I said, for opinions, plural :-) Yours,
                                                         Jon

ObCD: Monster Magnet - _Superjudge_
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk