OFF: HW: Damned/Sisters/Mission

Rich Warren rich.warren at BTINTERNET.COM
Mon Dec 3 14:43:11 EST 2001

> >        Only know SoM connection is that they have covered `Silver
> >Machine' live, but that hardly counts. I'm sure there must be a link
> >through people somehow but I don't know it.
>
> Well, former Sisters man Wayne Hussey had that execrable band The Mission
> (whatever happened to them? They were huge in the mid-80s)

Sisters of Mercy Bassist Patricia Morrison Married Dave Vanian, and played
Bass with the Damned :-) , but left before live covers of Silver machine, as
apalling as they are.

As for 'The Mission', they are still around, with only members remaining
being, Wayne Hussey and Craig Adams(rejoined). Joined my Mark 'Gemini'
Thwaite, and a couple of others I forget.

In some of the Sisters of Mercy CD Sleeve Notes it suggests Craig Adams was
a big Hawkwind Fan. (Craig Adams previously being the Sisters Bassist, as
well as Bassist for The Cult, and Live touring Bassist forAlabama3)

Mick Brown, now drives trucks for touring rock bands(including oasis), and
Simon Hinkler bailed out in 1990, did some solo ambient weird dance stuff
and worked as a music journo, and now lives in the USA.

The Mission have a new single out called 'Evangeline' and new album.  They
have released several albums through the 1990s, with little success, mainly
because they sucked badly.  I believe the new album may be ok, but i'll
reserve judgement.

Wayne Hussey has a remix arrangement with Cleopatra, so it's not beyond the
realms of possibilty he may get asked to remix some Hawkwind, since bands
like Astralasia have remixed dodgy goth trash like Gene Loves Jezebel (who
once had Julianne Regan as backing Vocalist and Bassist, who went on to form
All About Eve with Tim Bricheno, who became a guitarist with the Sisters of
Mercy, and Andy Cousin who also Played Bass for The Mission....heh anyone
see a pattern emerging)

Yes. I Miss Wayne Hussey being so pissed on Blue Nun he forgot the Chords,
then the Words, and the time Wayne and Craig got off stage to have a fight
with a member of the audience in Newcastle, to the sound of 1300 people
chanting 'Wankers'

1986 seems like a long time ago.  Sigh.  Keeping the Faith.  Hmm Even after
all these years I can't quite get away from it. LoL. Damn Goths

Rich W