HW: Followup on Voiceprint

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Dec 4 16:34:53 EST 2001

Hi Folks...

As I was saying last month, the Voiceprint 3 for UKP25 seemed like such a
good deal that I went and ordered six discs for 50 quid ($75 or
thereabouts).  And furthermore, I said that only the print catalogue that
came in the regular mail seemed to include the majority of their available
titles, as opposed to their website that only had this deal on certain
bands, one of them being of course, Hawkwind (F+R).

So anyway, of the six I ordered, I got four in the mail today (LLG-Like and
Arrow, the Paradogs CD, and Weirds 3 & 4) and a notice saying the other two
(Gong-Est Mort and Pink Fairies' KoO) will be along ASAP.  For some reason,
they were shipped from Copenhagen...wonder why that is?  I also wonder why
they charged me exactly 50 UKP (according to the receipt)?  In one sense,
they probably shouldn't have charged me now for two items I didn't receive,
but I ain't gonna complain if they don't charge me the 8 UKP I thought I was
going to have to pay for the shipping (actual shipping charge not actually
stamped on the package, but I assume it was pretty steep with jewel boxes
included - only one cracked one!  Woo!).

Well, anyway, what I was going to say is that they also sent me a new
Hawkwind flyer with the 3-fer deals outlined in more detail.  Like they've
now added Brock's 'Memos & Demos' to the deal, and also a parallel deal for
double CD packages (of which there are now four Voiceprint ones - Live 79,
Live 82, Atomhenge 76, and Astoria 2K), at 3-for-40UKP, which is 8UKP
discount vs. buying them individually at 16 apiece (fractionally similar to
the 3-for-25 single disc deal).

Also included is all the solo things they have like Calvert-Revenge, Blake
(all four), LLG (Night Air, TSLLG, Like an Arrow, and Chain Reaction the new
one), and of course, Paradogs, Spacebrock, and the Family Tree comp.  But
those were all things that were available for me via the flyer I had (as was
everything else) without necessarily being part of the 'HW family.'

I haven't gone back and looked to see if they've updated the webpage to
include these new items, but in any case, it only seemed to be certain to
get the 3-fer deals (on non-HW things like Gong and PinkFairies) by using
the mail-in order form.  And again, you can get one sent to you for free by
signing up on the main page there at www.voiceprint.co.uk.

First time hearing the Weird 4 set...so far, so good.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  RIP Tommy Bolin, 25 Years On...Dec. 4, 1976...now I'm feeling old.