HW: John Perry

Chris Gibbs chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET
Tue Dec 4 20:45:42 EST 2001

Hi ya,

> bands, if one really exists! (Not the Dead - they're crap, IMHO!)

99.9% of what I have heard of the Dead is sheer crap, BUT dismiss them
at your peril!
Anthem To The Sun is an EXCELLENT album, all live(?) and better than 95%
of Hawkwind or Pink Floyd, a trully brilliant example of acid plus
electric guitars.

My guess is that the Dead got famous and had to sell out to a record
company.  I describe them as a bad country and western band, but Anthem
to The Sun shows that at least in the 60s they were GOOD!  Unbelevably
good.   OK I don't know much of the dead, what I've heard I dont like
too much but Anthem To The Sun is right up there with Space Ritual,
Camenenbert Electrice and The Mad Cap Laugths as best album of all time!

Chris
--
There are people so addicted to exaggeration that they can't tell the
truth without lying.