OFF: John Perry

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Dec 4 21:42:17 EST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 01:45:42 +0000, Chris Gibbs <chris at HAWKLORD.UKLINUX.NET>
wrote:
>> bands, if one really exists! (Not the Dead - they're crap, IMHO!)
>>

>99.9% of what I have heard of the Dead is sheer crap, BUT dismiss them
>at your peril!
>Anthem To The Sun is an EXCELLENT album, all live(?) ...

The Dead stuff with Tom Constanten on keyboards ('Anthem of the
Sun', 'Aoxomoxoa', 'Live Dead', most shows c.68) is near-uniformly
excellent IMHO.  And I'm NOT a Dead fan.  (But I believe that not ALL
of 'Anthem of the Sun' is live, and the live parts which are there were
spliced together from bits and pieces of different performances ... almost
like the John Oswald "Dark Star" cutup album.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com