OFF: Followup DVD question

Dan Witt Warren_Oates at MSN.COM
Thu Dec 6 16:35:18 EST 2001

Not really, exceptions are players that have hacked firmware or loopholes.
Easier is to play the DVD on a computer running hacked software to play all
regions.  DVD regions are just there so they can control what you watch, Pal
and NTSC are actually different formats.

Try vcdhelp.com or is it vcdhelper.com

> Hey...
>
> Thanks for the DVD info on regions etc.
>
> I have one further question...if some DVDs are made to be read in all
> players (Region 0?), then is the reverse ever true?  i.e., do they make
DVD
> players that can read all DVDs encoded to any individual region?  (That
> would pretty much defeat the purposes I would think, but then there are
VHS