OFF: style of Hillage music?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Dec 6 17:53:40 EST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 15:31:53 EST, Bob Lennon <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> wrote:
>from Borderline books:
>SPACE SHANTY    (Deram SDL 11)  1972
>was later reissued in February 1977 (Deram SDL 11) to cash-in on Hillage's
>fame. It was also issued in Germany on Brain back in 1972 and on PVC in
the
>US in 1978. Also reissued on CD (Deram 844-008-2) 1993.

... so I suppose this would be a good time to mention the Arzachel (aka
Uriel) album and its' organ-driven (by Dave Stewart, pre-Egg) psychedelia
(sort of along the lines of Atomic Rooster, maybe).  At least notable for
being Hillage's first appearence on vinyl.  Unfortunately I can't remember
any of the label information for either the original or CD reissue except
that the US version was squeezed out on Roulette, somewhere between albums
by Tommy James and whatever gangster's moll's vanity project Morris Levy
was pushing that week ...

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com