OFF: Followup DVD question. Paging Mr. Mather...

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sat Dec 8 08:23:48 EST 2001

K Henderson writes:

> >Anyone who is refering to DVDs in terms of NTSC and PAL hasn't fully grasped
> >the difference.  The DVD player and the TV can be NTSC or PAL, but the data
> >on the DVD discs is the same anywhere in the world, the only difference
> being >the Region Code which, as people have said, can be gotten round
> without much >fuss.
>
> Oh, so the player's output is then 'NTSC' or 'PAL' no matter what the DVD
> is?

That doesn't sound right either. I can lay a Euro region DVD in my DVD
drive. The TV card can then take the signal and be software configured
to output either NTSC or PAL. perhaps in separate DVD players, all this
is part of the player and is hardware configured?

Paging Mr. Mather....

FoFP