BOC: What's new?

albert bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Dec 8 14:20:04 EST 2001

On 12/6/01 2:19 PM, "Brian Halligan" <blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM> wrote:

> There hasn't been much BOC to speak of. Did anyone make it to the Helen
> Wheels tribute concert on Tuesday? I'd love to hear a report!

Here is an overview from fan, CageyBoorman, posted on the Brain Surgeons AOL
board:

Now that I'm fully recovered from Tuesday night, I will reveal my thoughts
and feelings about the Helen Wheels Tribute Show. Lazer Dave, I did promise
you a report. So, listen up. Everyone open your ears. The night started with
pizza. That's right. New York's favorite fast food. My good friend Mike and
i arrived at Don hill's early to find close parking and
hopefully chat with other's. We walked into Don Hill's and whom did i see?
my good friend Bolle. my L.A. neighbor in the flesh. Shining skull and all.
Love that new look buddy :)
After we exchanged hugs and a few laughs, i designated myself the goofer and
collected cash for the above-mentioned pizza, hopped in the car with Mike ,
and prayed our parking spot would still be there when we came back. It was.
We all started devouring the pies when Sandy, Buck and their daughter
arrived. I offered Mr. & Ms. Roeser some slices. They accepted and we shared
in some conversation. Sandy, you kicked ass on Hero's....:)
The show started shortly after with some memories of Helen from Albert. You
could see the love in his eyes, and the big Bouchard grin was present. The
show began musically with the band Static Cling. They performed songs which
were unfamiliar to me except "As i Bleed" which they recorded for the
Tribute album. It was heartfelt and awesome. They rocked.
Next we heard the power trio Bouchard, Dunaway and Smith. Let me tell you
something, these guys can boogie with any stock car on the circuit. The
highlight on the set for me was "Fallen Angel". Neal Smith keeps a wonderful
beat on this version as Dunaway, while Joe shows us that his guitar skills
are very inventive. Blew me away.
Next we had The Brain Surgeons. Songs like" Niagara Falls, Hero (performed
with Sandy, Buck and Joe) opened my heart like never before. You could see
this was all for Helen. The power of everyone's output. It was magical.
Seeing Buck, Albert and Joe performing on stage once again with a passion
and love for music. Helens lyrics. Ill never forget that night. The
highlight of the night. Talking with Sandy. Listening to Helens brother
speak about his
sisters life her on earth. Buck, Albert, Joe, Sandy and the rest doing "Born
to Rock". A quick, appropriate homage to George Harrison with Sandy and
Bucks version of "In my Life". Meeting new friends.  I can go on and on. My
final thoughts are love....love...love...that's all you need...a little
laughter wouldn't hurt either.
Life is Good

P.S. Manitoba's Kingdom also kicked some serious butt

It was a really good show as you can see.
Al