Off: virus from list member

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Dec 8 17:12:11 EST 2001

In message <001d01c1802e$a0b12760$d6a4e73f at m8v3c0>, Dan Witt
<Warren_Oates at MSN.COM> writes
>But you are guilty, and there is little excuse.

Not trying to start a flame-war here, but I feel rather uncomfortable seeing a
fellow list-member being publicly told "shame on you" and "you are guilty"
over what was obviously an innocent mistake.

I suppose this is a private matter but since it's being conducted on-list I feel
free to comment- so c'mon Dan, it's clearly an accident, it's easy to pass on
viruses without realising, stop making a morality play out of it. I've received
email viruses from work colleagues in the past- shit happens. I wouldn't
dream of telling them they were "guilty" blah blah. As far as I'm aware I've
never passed a virus on but that's due more to luck than judgement. Even
the most effective anti-virus software isn't 100% bomb-proof.

Season's greetings to all!
--
Nick Medford