OFF: (waaaaay OFF) Scene Report Alternarock USA 2001

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Dec 11 06:33:53 EST 2001

On 10 Dec 2001, at 19:28, K Henderson wrote:

> >P.O.D. - OK, the guys from Flipper *already* parodied the naming
> >convention with their side project, "A3I" (Any 3 Initials - remember
> >the early-80s hardcore era of MDC, SOD, MOD, SSD, SWA, JFA,
>
> Hmmmm...I don't actually know who these be..."Masters of Destruction"
> seems vaguely familiar.  I saw a band once called Corrosion of
> Conformity (musta been one of those Danzig shows I saw) - I think they
> went by COC.  They were really nasty FWIR.  I think Slayer may have
> been on that bill too.

Corrision of Conformitiy have 'ifficially' changed their name to C.O.C.
 Maybe their fans can't mouth words liike Corrosion and Conformity?
 Doesn't exactly roll off the drug-addled tongue...

> So what does POD stand for?

Payable on Death.  They are sort of a Jesus Freak band.  They
claim to not be religious, but I think that just means they aren't
churchgoers.  Like Creed and Three Doors Down, they're the kind of
guys who thank 'god' prominently on their CD booklets...

  What's next?
>  Hawkwind opening for Monster Magnet?)  Do kids think that Tool
> invented prog?  :)

Yes...

theo