OFF: (waaaaay OFF) Scene Report Alternarock USA 2001

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Dec 11 11:06:27 EST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Ted Jackson wrote:

=> Did WH help produce their last disc?  I wasn't knocking COC.
=> Actually, I have a few of their discs.  I dig their political stuff...

Don't know about the production details, but Warren has been known to
dab his hand in there.  (I just saw him credited as co-producing the new
Allmans studio recording now underway, along with Michael Barbiero.)

=> > I saw Corrosion of Conformity open for someone in Roanoke several
=> > years ago.  I found them wholly unremarkable.  I hear they're from
=> > North Carolina.
=> >
=> They are Southern boys, not sure where.  No virtuosic musicianship
=> in the group, with the possible exception of the drummer, but I do
=> dig their lyrics at times...

Sadly, the sound was not very good for their set, so I couldn't make out
any of the lyrics.  I only have one album of theirs, an LP (yes, *LP*)
called "Animosity," from back when they were ostensibly a "hardcore"
band.  I haven't listened to it in ages, though.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa