HW: Important XMAS Show Announcement

David Blair drb.serendipity at NTLWORLD.COM
Tue Dec 11 16:49:22 EST 2001

In article <200112111928.OAA27313 at listserv.spc.edu>, Rik Rx <hw at CY-
B.ORG> writes
>:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>
>++STAR WARRIORS
>
>LATEST NEWS !!: EVERYONE who attends the Xmas Party will receive a FREE Cd
>featuring EXCLUSIVE tracks by Dave Brock, Tim Blake, Huw Lloyd Langton and
>others (TBA)...

That's really generous - but...

>This unique disc will *not* be available elsewhere !

Huh? not even to passport holders? Not even to those people from outside
the UK who can't make it to that gig, but who came from overseas to
follow them on as many dates of the current tour as they could?

> Anyone
>who bought their tickets to the gig via Voiceprint will receive their Cd
>through the post in the new year. Those attending the gig who obtained their
>tickets elsewhere can get their free Cd by posting their ticket stub to:
>FREEPOST EU409, PO BOX 50, Houghton-le-Spring, DH5 5YP England Only one Cd
>will be allocated per ticket purchased. Your ticket stubs *will* be
>returned. ONLY submissions with ORIGINAL stubs can be processed. No discs
>will be available for collection on the night.
>
>Have a great gig !

I've just ordered a ticket 'cos of this announcement, can't miss a one-
off not available elsewhere CD of exclusive tracks by Brock, Blake et
al. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to the gig, as from 9pm that
night I'll be travelling back from Ireland.

If I ask nicely, would they go onstage late? About 12 hours late? Or
play loud enough to be heard on the Rosslare to Fishguard ferry?

Thought not. Bugger.
--
David Blair