HW: Important XMAS Show Announcement

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Dec 11 17:10:49 EST 2001

>There will soon be a few VERY special releases for passport holders.
>Hang on in there.......
>
>This offer is for only Xmas party attendees, as an Xmas bonus
>sorry. . . .

As Dave just suggested, my immediate thought was to order a ticket for
myself with no intention of using it (seeing as I'm in Ohio still).  But
when I went to Voiceprint's site, I saw no way of ordering a ticket there
and if I got one from Ticketmaster-UK, then I'd have to send the ticket back
over to the UK to get the CD sent back across the Atlantic.  Seemed a little
silly.

Anyway, I was then thinking about Jill's story about buying the very last
ticket for the show up there in Scotland and thinking that perhaps this
would be not such a good thing for me to do.  And that led me to thinking
that (esp. if this was a General Admission event) that I could buy the
ticket as I intended, and then send it back to someone on the list that
didn't have one already (or perhaps to someone who had a friend who might go
if it were 'free'). If everyone who ordered one from afar (just to get the
freebie) did this sort of thing, then you wouldn't have a "soldout event"
with a puzzling lack of people there!

So, please advise those of us silly enough to get a CD subversively this
way. Surely, you realize many HW fans are rabid enough to do this, no matter
where they live, don't you?  :)  I mean, really, saying it'll have tracks
available nowhere else makes this immediately desirable.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Would a post-show tree be allowable to keep too many tickets from
going to non-attenders?  This would seem logistically easier than the
'ticket tree' I was suggesting above.