OFF: The Hard & The Heavy Volume One

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Dec 11 18:07:41 EST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:50:44 -0000, mark von bargen <mark.von-
bargen at GENIE.CO.UK> wrote:
>I don't think that you could lump in Alien Ant Farm (AAF - another three
>letters) with all the rap/metal bands. Have you listened or looked any
>further than the obvious singles coz there's some fairly good stuff behind
>the first impression.

Nah, like I said, I saw Alien Ant Farm on friday, and I would *definitely*
lump them in with the rest of the rap/metal stuff.  Not that I'm an expert
at the stuff.  And it WAS a relatively short set (barely over 30min, since
there were 7 bands on the bill, so they probably only played the obvious
singles - not that I'd know), and it WAS my first impression, and I found
the singer's stage demeanor really annoying, which certainly colored my
impression, so you can definitely take my opinion with a healthy dose of
skepticism ...

(But I did like the original version of "We Care A Lot", back in nineteen-
eighty-whatever-year-it-came-out.)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com