HW: RFH...a short review

Wed Dec 12 21:47:24 EST 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:15:29 -0400, Nick Medford <nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK>
> wrote:
> >On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:22:46 -0400, Jobson, Eddie <EJobson at THRUPOINT.NET>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>The Kings of Speed instrumental on the HW Zoo EP, where was that recorded?
> >
> >Don't know the answer to this one
>
> It sounds to me like the backing track from the released version.  My guess
> would be that it's a rough mix made after the instrumental tracking
> sessions were finished, given to the singer (Brock) to practice vocals with
> before recording them in the studio ... certainly a common recording
> practice.

        It's certainly not live live as there are two guitar
tracks. Wondered about this myself. Single overdubs from the same time as
`Motorhead'? Yours,
                    Jon

ObCD: I. E. M. - _I. E. M._
--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)