HW:Ghostdance

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Dec 13 18:49:28 EST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:53:38 EST, Al Ogilvy <Alogilvy at AOL.COM> wrote:
> Thanx to doug for the info.
> i didnt know you could access BOC-L archives like that....( i'm a bit of a
> slow learner with tech stuff I'm afraid ) .

You're most welcome.  I *highly* recommend checking out the archives to
everyone on the list.  There's an incredible wealth of information, and
accounts of tons of fantastic experiences people have had with Hawkwind
(and other bands!) in there.

> Just out of interest...Just bought the re-issued NEU first album...Mega
> stuff !!!
> Didnt Dave Brock have something to do with Neu? I have a vague memory of
> reading years ago that he produced them, but theres no info to that
> effect on the sleeve.

Dave was supposed to have written the liner notes to a reissue of one of
their albums, but I have no idea whether or not it actually happened.  He's
*definitely* a fan, and Neu! were *definitely* an influence/inspiration
for "Opa-Loka", a song that captures the Neu! pulse most excellently.

> That said, however Hallogallo is one mother of a track !! Very HW feel
> to it (atmosphere wise anyway) in my opinion !! Highly reccomended !

You'll probably want to pick up their third album, 'Neu! 75', next.  The
second ('Neu! 2') is also very good, but suffers from really only being
half an album (the other half is the same songs played back at different
speeds!).

Enjoy!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com