OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 14 07:11:10 EST 2001

On 14 Dec 2001, at 2:32, K Henderson wrote:

> NOT IN:
> Black Sabbath

> Who the *hell* is Gene Pitney?

Some idiot who recorded a couple of cornball ballads back in the
early 60s--had about 3 or 4 'singles...'

Brenda Lee I don't know from Eve
> either.

Well, she's referenced in Radar Love!  Similar to Pitney, but more
durable.  Had a handful of 'hits' back in rock's mezesoic era...

And Isaac Hayes - the guy who did Shaft?  Is there something
> else about Isaac Hayes that I just don't know about?  Granted, I don't
> know *anything* about him *except* that.

I've got no problem with Isaac Hayes.  He's an interesting musician
and songwriter, but he belongs in the Soul or R'n'B HoF, 'cause he's
never played anything remotely like rock music...

> P.P.S.  Question: Will Ozzy Osbourne (solo) be inducted in 2005 with
> Black Sabbath still not a member?

Sabbath have expressed no interest in being inducted.  Ozzy is
esp. indifferent.  He says that the Sabbath were so villified by the
rock press establishment, that he wants no part of them now that
the band is suddenly acceptable...

theo