OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

Si Halley sihalley at CABLEINET.CO.UK
Fri Dec 14 08:31:58 EST 2001

Subject: OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

> Well...
>
> The Ramones
> Talking Heads
> Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
> Isaac Hayes
> Brenda Lee
> Gene Pitney
>
> Another year, another bunch of puzzling names.  Not that I can't see that
> one or two of these artists were 'important' or anything (I even *own*
> albums by Talking Heads, which certainly makes *them* important) :)
>
> I just look at the below and am baffled.
>
> IN:
> The Kinks
> Grateful Dead*
> Billy Joel
> Michael Jackson
> BeeGees
> roughly 324 names I've never heard of from before 1960
>
> NOT IN:
> Black Sabbath
> Blue Oyster Cult
> Deep Purple
> Jethro Tull
> Judas Priest
> Moody Blues
> Motorhead (now eligible...forget it!)
> Rush
> Steppenwolf
> Supertramp
> Traffic
> Yes
> (UK-specific bands, that had no shot to begin with, not included)

Alice Cooper!!!!! Who`s influence on Rock Stage performance is immense has
been repeatedly ignored as well. Some of the metal/rock bands that ARE in
wouldn`t exist if it wasn`t for Sabbath, Alice and Purple. The Hall of Fame
is a disgrace.

Sorry. But as someone who has a high profile in Alice fan circles, we have
had to put up with him being ignored for about 8 years now and it has become
very personal. In fact several inductees have apparently now mentioned how
silly it is that they are in and Alice isn`t.

Si