OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Dec 14 08:31:18 EST 2001

Ted sez...

>> P.P.S.  Question: Will Ozzy Osbourne (solo) be inducted in 2005 with
>> Black Sabbath still not a member?
>>
>Sabbath have expressed no interest in being inducted.  Ozzy is
>esp. indifferent.  He says that the Sabbath were so villified by the
>rock press establishment, that he wants no part of them now that
>the band is suddenly acceptable...

Um...isn't Ozzy *in* Black Sabbath?  Or at least as recently as, what, three
months ago?

You know, one of those situations like <insert band name here>'s 'Reunion'
tour, followed by 'Final Performance,' followed by 'This Time We Really Mean
It,' followed by 'Farewell Suckers,' followed by "Live...from the
Budokan...it's U! F! O!"  :)

I think it's too late for Ozzy to 'leave' Black Sabbath and anyone take him
seriously.  (And if even he didn't perform with Iommi et al., truly
'leaving' Sabbath would require not performing any of those songs as a solo
artist, which I'm guessing will never happen.)  And I'm not sure what you
mean about them now being 'acceptable.' Are you talking 'critical (musical)
acceptance' or 'off the PMRC radar screen' acceptance?  And what led to
that? Ozz-fest 'hipness' factor or something?

Just curious what you're getting at.

Grakkl (FAA)