OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 14 08:19:09 EST 2001

On 14 Dec 2001, at 8:31, K Henderson wrote:

> Um...isn't Ozzy *in* Black Sabbath?  Or at least as recently as, what,
> three months ago?

He kind of drops in and out with Sab.  I think he did Ozzfest this
year?  But he just put out a solo disc--go figure...

> I think it's too late for Ozzy to 'leave' Black Sabbath and anyone
> take him seriously.  (And if even he didn't perform with Iommi et al.,
> truly 'leaving' Sabbath would require not performing any of those
> songs as a solo artist, which I'm guessing will never happen.)  And
> I'm not sure what you mean about them now being 'acceptable.' Are you
> talking 'critical (musical) acceptance' or 'off the PMRC radar screen'
> acceptance?  And what led to that? Ozz-fest 'hipness' factor or
> something?

Nowadays, Sab are afforded sort of an elder statesman status
by a lot of the rock 'journalists' who shit all over the band 30 years
ago.  The PMRC yahoos have, I think, lost any credibility they might
have had.  Collapsed over lack of interest, I think...

theo