OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 14 14:03:49 EST 2001

On 14 Dec 2001, at 13:20, Bert Edens wrote:

> ANOT IN:
> >Black Sabbath
> >Blue Oyster Cult
> >Deep Purple
> >Jethro Tull
> >Judas Priest
> >Moody Blues
> >Motorhead (now eligible...forget it!)
> >Rush
> >Steppenwolf
> >Supertramp
> >Traffic
> >Yes
> >(UK-specific bands, that had no shot to begin with, not included)
>
> And my favorite non-inductee, Alice Cooper, who is eligible both as a
> solo artist and with the original Alice Cooper group... Pitiful... :-/

And how about a huge omision:  ZZ Top!  This band has been
together--with the same lineup, no less--continuously since 1971!
And, unlike a lot of groups in the HoF, they have been successful
throughout their career and are still touring [well, they were until
Dusty got sick]

Whatever your opinion of them, their longevity and success earns
them a spot.  What other band has had the same personnel
unchanged for 30 years?

theo