OFF: This year's RnRHoF inductees

Moonglum . sjyoules at VISTO.COM
Fri Dec 14 15:43:21 EST 2001

In defence of Gene Pitney, he was a great crooner in that 50's/60's style
that I can perfectly well understand people on this list not liking :-)

Best song was "Town Without Pity" which had a terrific melody, very
unexpected if you know what I mean by that.  Ronnie Montrose did an
instrumental cover of Town Without Pity on his "Open Fire" album in 1978-
ish.  Lead guitar where Pitney's vocals were on the original.

Steve