NIK: ICU Xmas Party

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Sun Dec 23 18:20:09 EST 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:00:14 +0000, you sent through the ether:

>Steve can give you a better
>setlist than I can,

1. Bones of Elvis
2. Cars Eat with Autoface
3. Virgin Love
4. Two Worlds
5. Walking in the Sand
6. Dog Rot*
7. Sid's Song
8. Solitary Astrid
9.  Cybernetic Love
10. Gas Money
11. Skinheads in Leningrad
12. Driving Rain
13. Raj Neesh
14. World of LSD
15. Fungus Among Us
16. Watching the Grass Grow
17. Can't get you out of my head
18. In the Nood

*we somehow skipped that one.. dunno why...

Jons review was interesting, bye & large I agree with it, altho there are some
glaring inaccuracies.. :)  we did play Skinheads in Leningrad (in the loo
Jon?) and the "No Limits" style song I sang near the end was an ironic rocking
version of Kylie Minogues super giant number one for weeks & weeks hit single
"Can't get you out of my head".. which translates to a 2 chord thrash rather
nicely methinks. :)  (demo version I made for ther band to learn here:
http://208.50.7.128/mp3/cant_get_you_out_of_my_head__steve_pond.mp3)

Regarding "Dumbing Down" to the drummer, I agree Dino is *very* different from
Mick Stupp, but he's just as fast a drummer, & he swings more, but Stupp
definitely had a stronger personality & often led from the back, but he's
swapped drums for the guitar & we already have 2 of those, so..

I`ve sent Dino a CD with the bits he's unfamiliar with on, so maybe he'll be
more to your liking next time..

The band "feels" very much like ICU to me, I wouldn`t be in it if it didn`t,
there was a time during the 1st day of rehearsals back in October when I was
desperately thinking of escape excuses, but luckily things "clicked" and we're
back in the saddle again.. don`t expect the set to be composed of "oldies" for
much longer.. :)

-S.