(Nik-HW): PXRalive

Thu Dec 27 17:28:24 EST 2001

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 03:57:09AM -0600, mike c typed out:
> ps- here's a little sommthin' for ya-   UFO spam, it lays it on so thick,
> it's almost as good a MM and the Megaflow...even though it's slightly
> "dated"
>
> if you need a tie-in, I think Jon will do it- (I think)
>
>  http://www.trufax.org/trans/orion.html

        Um, mentions of Wilhelm Reich? Possible tie-ins through ST37's
`Section 37', which I think quotes one of the same sources? (How would you
link ST37 to HW anyway? I don't know what any of the band-members'
previous employments were... ) Nothing leapt out at me and yelled HW, I
may have failed you Mike...

> also- mentioned before - once again- Nik has the Black Metal connection
> with his guesting with the Babylon Whores (thanks again to my informant)

        I put this point to Black Metal Baz, Cambridge Rocksoc's resident
black metal expert, apropos of a conversation about _Boundalive_ by The
Meads of Asphodel, and he informed me in no uncertain terms that The
Babylon Whores are not black metal (tm), though he was willing to concede
that they might be a bit harder than goth, which was his first alternative
suggestion. It means nothing to me, any of it; but I guess they were one
of the bands Nik `affected' briefly while in Finland. FWIW, yours,
                                                                   Jon

--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk