HW: Ron and Jerry

IAN ABRAHAMS mail at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Dec 28 04:04:55 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Jarrett" <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK>
>         Um, I'm less sanguine than you are. It says that the band are
> "waiting for them to get in touch", which doesn't to me suggest anyone's
> tried to contact them... More worryingly, I heard, albeit from a source I
> can't check, that Jerry was taking Brock to court over royalties
> disagreements from _Yule Ritual_. And did I also gather correctly that the
> band lost the case over the Astoria gig of 2000?

Why spread a story that you can't authenticate?

The downside of being fans rather than casual listeners is that we tend to
want all the background stuff as well as the music..and discover our heroes
are just like anybody else. Why are we surprised? Why is it anything at all
to do with us? Not a single other member of Hawkwind (in my opinion) could
have done what DB has achieved over the last 30 years.

Isn't it funny? Most X-Hawkwind want to slag the guy off. And most
X-Hawkwind members would rejoin tomorrow if asked....

>         "Did you know, I'm actually taking out five law-suits at the
> moment? It's really good fun, actually, it's become my hobby... "

A Calvert quote I think.

Ian