OFF: Porcupine Tree / Delerium

Fri Dec 28 19:28:10 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, K Henderson wrote:

> Alex asked...
>
> >Anyone know if Porcupine Tree is still with Delerium Records?
>
> Um, no...they left Delerium three albums ago, if you count "Recordings" as a
> 'third' official Snapper release.  "Stupid Dream" and "Dimbulb Sun" were
> both on Snapper also.
>
> Delerium is still releasing old PT material though, like the Voyage 34 disc
> and a compilation of everything up to Signify.

        The odd thing is that that compilation is now coming out on
Snapper. I guess this was part of a quid pro quo for canning the live
album that was to be.

> >Subsidiary question: whatever happened to Delerium's website?
> >www.delerium.co.uk redirects me to the Freak Emporium???
>
> I dunno, though I've never thought there was much difference between the two
> - perhaps they just consolidated the label website with the mail order
> website, though I would think that would be rather weird.

        There's no sign of it there, which made me think when I first
noticed it that the label had finally died. And yet: they have a CD
version of PT's _Metanoia_ coming out. OK it's a guaranteed seller unlike
much of their other stuff but I honestly did think they'd entirely given
up. The last mail I sent them got redirected to the Porcupine Tree
management (which giuven that what it asked was "Are any Delerium acts
other than PT cureently bookable?" wasn't much help. I don't suppose we'll
saee anything else from them however as all their good bands seem to have
found new labels (Electric Orange, On Trial... )

> P.S.  I e-mailed Record Heaven not long ago asking about the supposed
> release of DarXtar's 'Tombola' on their label (which wasn't mentioned on
> their website or anywhere else from what I could tell), and got no answer.
> What the hell is the deal with that album anyway?!?!  It's like it was
> recorded in the pages of a Douglas Adams book or something.  Certainly
> there's some non-zero probability that it actually exists, isn't there?

        Allegedly now out though I have no idea whether Record
Heaven's at-best under-informative website admits this. Has anyone got it
yet? Yours,
            Jon

--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)