HW: Nic Potter

Fri Dec 28 19:41:03 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, mike c wrote:

>  <<"Two LPs? What/when was the one that wasn't _Blue Zone_?">>Jon J
>
> Hi Jon, apparently it's a bunch of them- if this is wrong please correct-
>
> Mountain Music, Sketches In Sound, Dreams In View (a comp, I think), The
> Blue Zone, The Blue Zone Party-live at the dome, and The Long Hello Volume
> 2....
>
> I can imagine he plays on just the odd track here and there-  any expanding
> on the above appreciated.....

        Expansion: I can't find evidence that he's on more than: _Blue
Zone_, and _Mountain Music_ which is from 1984 and is by Nic Potter & Guy
Evans, though _DReams in View_ which is indeed a comp. contains some of
this stuff. Connections rife however as not only is Nik on an album with
Guy Evans too (not this one), but among other people who've played with
Nic Potter appear to be Snowy White who played on the Deep Fix album. And
if Allmusic.com isn't badly confused it suggests Potter played bass on a
couple of Chuck Berry live LPs?! That would be a neat little
connection... Yours,
                     Jon

--
"I recognise that I have transgressed many of the precepts of the divine
law, and that I am subjected by various vices and iniquities, disobedient

             (Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College London)