Nic Potter

Gary Davis artshop at ARTIST-SHOP.COM
Sat Dec 29 10:16:30 EST 2001

At 05:00 AM 12/29/01 -0500, Jon & Mike wrote:

>>        Expansion: I can't find evidence that he's on more than: _Blue
>>Zone_, and _Mountain Music_ which is from 1984 and is by Nic Potter & Guy
>>Evans, though _DReams in View_ which is indeed a comp. contains some of
>>this stuff. Connections rife however as not only is Nik on an album with
>>Guy Evans too (not this one), but among other people who've played with
>>Nic Potter appear to be Snowy White who played on the Deep Fix album. And
>>if Allmusic.com isn't badly confused it suggests Potter played bass on a
>>couple of Chuck Berry live LPs?! That would be a neat little
>>connection... Yours,
>                    Jon
>

>Hi again Jon + HWoscopic minds-
>
>my info came from Adrian (Age) Parr's original discography book (the blue
>one),,I personally own the ones mentioned above (including the comp.) but
>indeed there are errors within, so maybe it's bogus?????

Actually, I can confirm that it is correct for at least one album - The
London Chuck Berry Sessions released by Chess Records - a copy of which just
happens to reside in my old LP collection.  The first side of the album is
all studio tracks with side two being all live "recorded during performance
at the Lanchester Arts Festival, Coventry, England."  Nic Potter is credited
as playing bass for the live performances.  No specific date is given for
the live performances, but the album is copyrighted 1972.

Gary

                          Gary Davis
The Artist Shop                              The Other Road
http://www.artist-shop.com          artshop at artist-shop.com
phone: 877-856-1158, 330-929-2056          fax:330-945-4923
              INDEPENDENT PROGRESSIVE MUSIC!!!