Cousteau (the UK band): anyone know them?

Allan T. Grohe, Jr. grodog at PACBELL.NET
Sun Dec 30 11:20:09 EST 2001

Hi all, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

I just heard an interesting NPR story on the UK band Cousteau, who
sounded pretty cool, and wanted to see if any of you were already
familiar with them (Chris, Lara, Buehler, anyone)?

They are apparently a dark but hopeful band, and sort of sound like a
more lyrically inclined Dead Can Dance crossed with a rich baritone
vocalist, and ranging from simple but elegant piano pieces up through
more aggressive/dark-sounding ones, while maintaining a hopeful and
positive lyrical outlook underneath the Godspeed You Black Emperor/
This Mortal Coil tones and subjects.

I hope you all had wonderful Christmases, and were given the loot
you most sought! =)

Allan.

ObHW:  I didn't get Yule Ritual, alas.  I guess I'll have to
start looking for it on my own....

Allan T. Grohe Jr.               Visit the Dreaming City--
grodog at pacbell.net             http://www.rpg.net/ehp/imrryr

    I am gray.  I stand between the candle, and the star.
        We are gray.  We stand between the darkness, and the light.

              --- "And The Sky Full of Stars," _Babylon 5_

Allan.