OFF: Ship Of Fools

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Dec 30 21:03:19 EST 2001

>I've just been playing 'Out There Somewhere' by Ship Of Fools over the
>Festive period - forgot just how good it is.
>
>I never knew much about these in the first place - I saw the video
>for 'Guidance is Internal' on Raw Power or suchlike many moons ago, liked
>it a lot and bought the CD - so what happened to them? Can anyone enlighten
>me?

They did a second* CD (also very good), and then split.  The two were then
reissued as a dbl-CD release, and now all of them are hard to find I'd
guess. The one guy from Ship of Fools went on to play with the band Nine
Invisibles that did at least one CD on Delerium IIRC.  It's just ok, a
little more trancey stuff like all the other 'maturing' festy-psych outfits.
The Kava Kava singer I remember made a guest appearance on that album, and
that track was one of the better ones I think.

*unless Out there Somewhere was the second, in which case they had done one
before.  Can't remember titles very well anymore.

Grakkl (FAA)