OFF: Ship Of Fools

Karen Kusic kkusic at EXECPC.COM
Mon Dec 31 11:13:53 EST 2001

I concur that this is one of my favorite bands.  Thanks to Keith H for
giving me a tape of them a couple years ago and then finding a used copy
of the double CD for me for sale on eBay.

Cranium has a reference entry about them and a few sound samples:

http://www.cranium.co.nz/catalog/A_1043.htm

Another interesting trivia note is that on their album, Close Your Eyes
(Forget the World), they used sound bites from the movie "Jacob's
Ladder".

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0099871

Quote from the movie:
"Louis: Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that
burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your
memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But
they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your
soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're
holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if
you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,
freeing you from the earth."

Isn't that excellent?  On the CD they use only this part:
"you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your
peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth"

If anyone is as blown away by this quote as I was and like the sound
samples they hear on the Cranium site, I think I could work out a CD-R
trade since the CD is OOP.  If that's kosher!

When I listen to this CD set and Kingston Wall III, I feel like I've got
a glimpse into the meaning of life.  That's what makes a lot of the
music that our BOC-L group listens to so wonderful.

Close Your Eyes (Forget the World) really is an eye opener!  Pardon the
pun.  ;)

Happy New Year gang.

Karen