HW: bootleg page nearing completion -- Brixton tree tba

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 1 12:54:30 EST 2001

blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM writes:

> Here's the link:
>  http://www.geocities.com/hawklord1999/lsdbootlegs.html
>  (And a few people I've traded with will find artwork for the discs I've
sent
>  them here)

Hi Bryan, Looks great.
I think a few other people mentioned the color clash of the text with the bg.

Are you going to differentiate the actual pirate and/or "bootleg" from the
fan generated cdr's? I say this because common usage of the word bootleg
often implies mass produced/distributed illegal copies made for profit
(responders/detractors, please don't quote the dictionary definition, I know
what it is). The fan generated cdr's (like the old days of cassettes) are
often one-off runs for friends etc and should be kept separate in some way
from the real "boots".

I guess the other reason I ask this is because I hate using the term
"bootleg" for a cassette tape that's sitting in my closet, that wasn't
purchased and will never be sold (by me at least) and I think needs to be
segregated from the illegal recordings. Unofficial or unauthorized is more
appropriate...anyone agree/disagree?
bob