HW: Croydon

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Feb 1 15:26:36 EST 2001

:> Howdy folks,
:>             Just thinking about ordering my tickets for the Croydon show,
:> and remembered a couple of posts on the list lamenting the venue for this.
:> It's all seated right?  Is it a bit of a duff place overall? Please don't
:> tell me it's (horror of horrors) the sorta place where people sit
:> down while
:> watching the band? Horrible security?    It's just that it's

[snip]

Just putting in my 2 cents here.  I frequently like sitting at shows,
primarily for two reasons:

1) Length of Show -- I just can't stand for long periods of time anymore
without my feet bitching at me.

2) Vision -- I stand a whopping 4'11" high.  At the average show, unless
I've managed to be supremely lucky, I don't get to see at all unless
everyone else is sitting, or I've scarfed one of the seats in
the balcony (if available.)

It sucks to be short.

That said, a good venue, imho, should have both a standing area, and a
sitting area (with the sitting area preferably high enough to see), to
please everyone ;-)

Not like this matters in any way, I'm just avoiding doing real work
at the moment ;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559