Hawkwind : take a vote

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 1 19:27:31 EST 2001

JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM writes:

> In a message dated 2/1/01 4:00:07 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
>  michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU writes:
>

>  > Feel like a vote
>  >
>  > Try this one
>  >
>  > Would desigining a poster of a band that you revere muchos grande then
>  > circulating said poster (at no charge) be considered.......
>  >
>  > (a) Undermining the bands ability to make an income in the poster
> department
>  >
>  >
>  > (b) promote the band greatly as well as possibly generate more interest
> for
>  > the         band
>  >
>  > (c) a very naughty thing to do
>  >
>  > (d) ask me later when I'm sober/not quite so stoned
>  >
>  > curious
>  >
>  > Michael B

this is  a no-brainer. when fans go to their own effort & expense to produce
something for the cause, there are no negatives associated with it. Although
it's only courtesy to at least inform the band of your plans, I guess the
only way you could cause harm would be to directly compete with identical
merchandise that will lose value if you give it away for nothing.
This subject goes to the heart of that "family" feeling or being one of the
space brothers & sisters on the Hawkwind mothership, folks distributing at
shows, works of art that come from the soul.
At the Strange Daze Festivals, there were countless examples of good
unselfish people giving of themselves.
I'm standing on the runway....
bob

Hawkwind: Time & Space Website