HW: family tree tracklist

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Fri Feb 2 07:52:00 EST 2001

Nick Medford wrote:

> >np: Roger Waters, "In The Flesh"
>
> Is this worth getting? I saw one of the shows in the States last year. To be
> honest I only went 'cos I was in San Antonio for a few days and purely by
> chance discovered RW was playing there, and as a lapsed fan of the old
> Floyd stuff I thought there were probably worse ways to spend an evening in
> a foreign city. (Also, I'd always been curious to see a big American stadium
> show, although the arena wasn't *that* big as it turned out). Anyway I
> thought the show was excellent, exceeded my expectations, but whether it
> would work without the visuals (i.e. as a live album) I don't know. What say
> you?

Well, the visuals were very nice, but, yes, it does work as a live album.
There's a
couple of editing tricks; e.g., the opening song of the second set is the last
song
on the first disc and the explanation for "Each Small Candle" is missing, but
the
sound is quite good and the walls will shake if your stereo is up to it. (-8

Over on the Pink Floyd list, they're in the process of offerring audience
recordings
from every show on the 1999 and 2000 tours.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu