H/W: More obscure Hawkwind relations

Fri Feb 2 17:41:36 EST 2001

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Sebastian Welton wrote:

> For real completists only. There is a very, and I mean very, distant
> link to Hawkwind and the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band via Dave Brock. I
> believe that prior to playing with the Dharma Blues Band and after being
> a busker, the esteemed Mr. Brock had a stint playing in Bob Kerr's
> Whoopee Band (who are still going strong BTW) and Bob Kerr was an early
> member of the Bonzo's (or was it that some members of the Bonzos were in
> the Whoopee band?) That could then lead real completists right off onto
> another path!!!

        Or you can go Calvert -(_Captain Lockheed_)- Viv Stanshall - Bonzo
Dog Doodha Band and get there in two steps. But the long connection
strings are always better :-)

        The above refers, for those who don't know, to the fact that
Stanshall was one of the actors on the album. Speaking of which, a freidn
of mine found a remaster copy of that just lately. Still on BGO, but
wearing the remaster sticker that Castle and their puppet Essential
use. Are BGO part of Castle now? If so, can we expect remastered
Man? Yours,
            Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)         jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk   |