OFF:VDGG BOX/ATOMIC SHELTER

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Sun Feb 4 10:19:11 EST 2001

Hi;
A few folks asked about a track lising for the VDGG box, here 'tis:
Disc 1
1. People You Were Going To
 Top Gear 18/11/68
2. Afterwards
 Top Gear 18/11/68
3. Necromancer
Top Gear 18/11/68
4.Refugees
BBC Peel Session 14/12/71
5. Darkness (11/11)
BBC Top Gear 27/01/70
6. After The Flood
BBC Top Gear 27/01/70
7. White Hammer
8. House With No Door
9. Killer
10. Lost
(7-10 are the from the orig lps but remastered)
Disc 2
11. Theme 1
BBC Black Session 10/06/71
12. W
B-side
13. A Plague Of Lighthouse Keepers
 Pawn Hearts version
14. (In The) Black Room/ The Tower
09/08/75 Rimini Italy live
15. Lemmings
09/08/75 Rimini Italy live
16. Man-Erg
09/08/75 Rimini Italy live
Disc 3
17. La Rossa
18. Arrow (Edit)
19. My Room (Edit)
20. Sleepwalkers
21. Pilgrims
22. Childlike Faith In...
(17-22 are lps versions remastered)
23. Scorched Earth
09/08/75 Rimini Italy live
Disc 4
24. Masks
25. Meurglys III (Edit)
26. When She Comes
27. Wondering
28. Wave
(24-29 are all the lp versions, remastered)
29. Cat's Eye/ Yellow Fever
BBC Peel Session 24/10/77
30. Chemical World
from Quiet Zone
31. Door
27/07/77 Virgin Vault
32. Sci-Finance
>From "Vital'
33. Sphinx In The Face
BBC Peel Session 24/10/77

Comes with a nice book, photos, anecdotes/remarks from everyone, gig
listing, etc. Perhaps if there was enough interest, there could be a kind of
Hammill/VDGG Collectors Club type of CD subscription service similar to what
Robert Fripp offers for Crimson fans via Discipline Global for archival
stuff that might not be for the casual fan.....hmmm.....

Regarding a few people asking about Atomic Shelter, I thought the lp was
fairly leaden generic metal, although there are a few synths now and then,
but to call this lp "spacerock" (despite the title "Space Generation") would
be deceptive at best.  They are a Yugoslavian band, sing in English pretty
uninspired stuff all in all.  I have a copy of the lp available if anyone is
interested, email me off list.  Nice spacey/psych cover tho....

John Stanton