OFF: Bevis Frond CD Reissues

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Mon Feb 5 16:27:45 EST 2001

Marshall wrote:
> Wow, this is great timing for me.  I just picked up the "Acid
> Jam 2" set, which is fantastic, and now I'd like to get some BF
> proper.  So, where should I start?

The first three albums listed below, at least Inner Marshland and what I've
heard from the others, are pretty raw sounding and they're more psychedelic
and jam oriented that most of the later albums.

My favorite is New River Head. Great tunes, musically diverse,
well-produced. The songs on Acid Jam II that are credited to just Saloman
are more typical of post-Tryptich Frond.

The newest album, Valedictory Songs, is really good but kind of heavy on
stretched-out AM Radio pop tunes. No real jams except maybe the excellent
"Can't Feel It." It also features Adrian Shaw on bass and Andy Ward on
drums--one of the few Frond albums with someone other than Nick playing
g,v,b,d.

Anybody else feel free to correct me if necessary....
Brian