OFF: VDGG PRAWN HEARTS

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Mon Feb 5 15:59:25 EST 2001

Capt wrote:
> So the BBC session version of Killers and Lost aren't on there then
> (07/02/70)?  These still exist I'm sure, I remember Alan Freeman playing
> them in 1989 (strong memory associated with that one, but I won't go into
> it...).

Hammill's notes in the booklet seem to indicate that he was very burned out
on Killers at the time and possibly still is.  It was the constant audience
fave at the time and he seems to indicate that he tired of playing it .
Sounds like he may still feel the same way (imho).  Darkness on the Maida
Vale cd is the stuff......

> Nor is Octopus (29/01/68) or Reawakening (07/09/69). And various others,
> according to my session list.

Same here.  No Squid either, (tho I do have a mint wlp US Aerosol with it
....).

<I've actually got seven tapes of VDGG/Hammill Radio sessions for my sins.
Andy G.

I have some nice live VDGG/Hammill shows (mid 70s) taped at the shows by a
friend in London who was a big Hammill/VDGG fan, probably different sound
that ones you may have heard (Vic 75, etc.) plus a few I did meself of K
band era stuff, if interested in trades, etc., contact me off list.

John Stanton