HW:Nik Turner limericks

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Feb 7 18:20:35 EST 2001

This is a CD reissue of the 'Ice Ritual' LP, right (half Dark Sun w/Nik,
half w/o Nik doing HW covers)?  Or something else?  I like the fact that
Dark Sun w/Nik sounds very different from the Grenas/Del
Rio/Farflung/Pressurehed/Space Ritual band w/Nik; both excellent, although
I slightly prefer the stretched-out versions by the latter band where Nik
gets to solo on and on while the band does an endless rave-up.  The Dark
Sun versions are short and concise, without being ICU-punkish.

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:17:11 -0000, ANDREW GARIBALDI
<andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:
>oh yes......and speaking of Nik Turner, the Dark Sun CD, with Turner, of
>Hakwind cover versions is now in stock and available to order here at CDS
>towers.

(I think I've said this before, but Scott Heller & co. did a stunningly-
*beautiful* job with that LP, both in terms of packaging AND sonics)

>Also, a really bizarre thing - we have come upon ten brand new copies of
>Captain Lockheed Lp on vinyl - fold out cover, inner lyric sheets and all -
>so anyone here interested, better contact me ASAP as they will go right
>rapid, as they say up north.

On United Artists (or BGO - I thought the BGO reissue had the gatefold but
not the lyric booklet)?!?  Damn!  That's a find!

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com