OFF: Cyberphobia

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Feb 8 17:48:50 EST 2001

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:26:56 +0000, Carl Edlund Anderson
<scylding at CARLAZ.COM> wrote:
>Hey, check these guys out on MP3.com: http://www.mp3.com/Cyberphobia/

Thanks for the tip!  Pretty good stuff ...

>Jon Jarrett just pointed me to them, and they're quite good IMO.
>Industrial-tinged spacerock. Kinda reminds me of Sons of Selina meets
>Born to Go in a way.

I can *definitely* see the Born To Go comparison, both sonically and
lyrically (that Bob influence!).  Cyberphobia only fall short in terms of
the synth work (but it would take something like a Doug Walker / Grant
Richter tag team to best "nomuzic" & the "professor") and the @#$^#$ drum
machine.  Even a well-programmed drum machine screams "cheezy demo" to me
in the same way that overuse of digital reverb (ooh! I just got a
MIDIverb!) does ... (but we're talking about a one-man project, so you
can't have everything, so I should just shut up!).

Definitely worth mentioning the good stuff on mp3.com to the list IMO ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com