HW: Film

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Feb 8 20:44:35 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:49:31 -0000, Wright, Mike <wrightm at BRE.CO.UK> wrote:
>I was watching 'Any given sunday' (Oliver Stone's films about american
>fotball, with Al Pacino and Cameron Diaz) last weekend, and was glazing
>over watching the credits roll past, when (and please correct me if this
>was all a sleep deprivation induced fantasy) during the music credits up
>sneaks Lifeform, performed and written by Dave Brock. I was hugely
>surprised at this, but felt there were at least 3 other people in the
>world who would be interested in this, so I'm hoping they're reading this.

Damn!  This movie has been showing on HBO recently; I actually saw it twice
(it's not a very good film IMO, so I wasn't paying that much attention
anyway), but missed the credits.

While we're on the subject, this is from a review of the Dargio Argento
film 'Phenomenon' aka 'Creepers' (1984), that I just ran across at:

http://www.darkdreams.org/darkdreams.html

"Argento's sloppy concoction is held together in part by crystal clear,
almost black and white photography and some great music by the usual team
of Claudio Simonetti and Goblin. Other contributions by Hawkwind, Iron
Maiden and Andi Sex Gang are intrusive and deflate any suspense Argento is
trying to build."

There are apparently two "edits" of the movie, one considerably shorter
(the one I've seen) than the other, so I assume the Hawkwind music (if this
is indeed correct) is only in the longer edit.  Has anyone seen the longer
edit (and noticed any Hawkwind music)?

BTW "Lord of the Hornets" would have been a perfect song to use in this
movie, since it's about a teenage girl who can telepathically control
insects ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com