RE; Tim Blake. Waterfalls In Space

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Feb 9 07:15:17 EST 2001

Colin Allen writes:

> Does anyone else have a ticket for the Croydon gig which names Tim Blake as
> the support act?
>
> Last night, I happened to mention to Tim that I was looking forward to his
> set at Croydon and his reply was along the lines of "Croydon?  Is there
> something I don't know about?"  Perhaps Kris or Dave would clarify if Tim is
> the support for Croydon and, if he is, possibly let him know!
>
> Also, Tim asked me to let Dave and Kris know that he would like to spend a
> lot more time playing with Hawkwind.

Speaking of Tim Blake. I had a chat to him at Hawkmas and he said that
he had a good copy of the "Waterfalls In Space" tape that's been booted
around (though no good quality recordings that I've ever heard of) since
1978. This one was being hawked by GAS at one point in the last couple
of decades and is a live tape from the 1978 tour and features several
variations on the New Jerusalem theme, mostly without lyrics.

Tim said that he'd release it if he could find a way to do so that would
cover costs and not involve massive effort. Maybe if we put something
together for him then he could be persuaded? How many other Blake fans
would be after a CD or CDR release of this?

Who's currently in contact with Tim and could liase?

FoFP