HW: side effect of listening to HW at work

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Feb 10 14:02:03 EST 2001

On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Al Ogilvy wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW: side effect of listening to HW at work
:
:Interesting....Where do you work?
:I 've sneaked my own best of compilation on tape into work and its amazing
:how many people say "wow...whats this".
: You tell them HW and they say "Yeh...I remember them...are they still going
:?"
: Lets have a campaign.....Everyone take some Hawks into work and play it to
:your Co workers....If they like it make them a tape on the basis that they
:play it to someone, and start a tree !
: who needs radio play !!

Well, I work at the University of Chicago.  My coworkers fit into the "too
old and staid", "too young", or "just doesn't care" models.

I understand that there is a Calvert fan lurking somewhere help desk
staff, and a couple of HW fans lurking in the student body,
but the great majority of folks just stare at me strangely.

None of which was helped by my haring off to England twice for concerts
either.

ah well.  Let them think me strange ;-)

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559