OFF: essential gong?

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 11 21:20:59 EST 2001

In a message dated 2/11/01 11:03:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM writes:

> oh yes - you want:
>  Camembert Electrique (not to be confused with its sister album 'Camembert
>  Eclectique' but that's out of print anyway)
>  Live At Sheffield '74
>  Gong Live, etc
>  25th Anniversary Birthday Party
>  Pre-Modernist Wireless
>  plus the three you mentioned and that is the essential Gong collection.

...and I always have to put in my vote for Est Mort, a double live album
recorded in '77 w/most of the Trilogy line-up: monster album!! Though I
wonder if it's worth mentioning since it's been out of print for a while. I
still regret not buying the CD when I saw it at import price...but didn't
someone say a while back that there was to be a re-issue? Andy Gee, maybe it
was you? Chuck

BTW: how is Magic Brother/Mystic Sister and the that early soundtrack (forget
the name) album?